We're here to help. If you can't find the information you're looking for on this page, send an email to REGI Support. If something is broken, we want to know so we can fix it. And if something needs more explanation, let us know and we'll add it to our Frequently Asked Questions below.
- Go to the login screen
- Click the link that says Create an Account.
- Enter your information as requested, starting with the required fields (user name, password, first/last name, email). If you want to be able to create new events in REGI, Be sure to answer YES to “Are you a current AMC H/B Leader or Coleader?” This checkbox sends an email to the webmaster so they can grant you LEADER privileges.
- Click Create Profile. Note that you can return to edit your profile at any time by clicking on My Profile.
Go to the login page and click the link where it says Forgot username or password. Within a few minutes, you should receive an email in your Inbox from email@example.com with your username or instructions to make a new password. The email may bounce to your Spam or Junk folder, so look there too.
You can edit your profile at any time by clicking on My Profile in the navigation bar at the upper right of every REGI page. Don’t forget to update your experience profile as you continue to use the system.
Once you have created your profile, you can immediately begin to sign up for events that are using the new online REGI system. Follow these 2 steps:
Find an event on the HB Trip Listings page that you are interested in.
Click on the REGI link listed near the bottom of the listing. Usually REGI links are of the form https://regi.amcboston.org/xxx. This link takes you to this event’s REGI page.
On the REGI page of the event you are interested in, you will find basic information about the event: name, description, a gear list, and specific questions, such as whether you have the listed gear, and your carpooling details. Enter the requested information and click Sign Up For This Event. Your registration status will be listed as SUBMITTED under your My Events page until the leader approves you for the event. If you are Approved, your status under My Events will be changed to APPROVED and you will receive an automated email noting the update.
The short answer is “no”. Here is what the different event statuses mean:
- OPEN: This event is currently accepting new registrations.
- WAIT LIST: All the spots on the event are taken. However, you can still sign up to be on the wait list, and if someone else cancels out of the event you will be notified.
- FULL: All the spots on the event are taken. No more registrations are being accepted, not even for the wait list.
- CANCELLED: This event has been cancelled.
My Status is short for My Registration Status. It tells whether you have been approved for that particular event. Here is what the different statuses mean:
- SUBMITTED: You have registered for the event. Your approval for this event is pending.
- APPROVED: You made the list. You’re in. You’re going. You’ll have a great time.
- WAIT LIST: All the spots on the event are taken. However you have been added to the wait list. If someone cancels out of the event you will be notified.
- CANCELLED: You have cancelled your attendance for this event.
Once the leader has had a chance to review your application, your registration status will be updated to either "APPROVED" or "WAITLIST". You will receive an automated email sent to your profile email address to notify you of the status change. You can also check the My Status column under your My Events page.
If a spot opens up on the event, the leader will contact you to offer you a spot. If you are taken off the waitlist, your registration status will switch to “APPROVED” and you will receive an automated email to this effect.
If you need to cancel your registration, email the leader ASAP so that he or she can cancel you from the trip and open the event to others. Once the leader cancels your registration, you will receive an automated email that your registration status has been updated to CANCELLED.
When you register for an event, the REGI system will ask whether you can offer others a ride or if you need a ride yourself. Once you are approved for the event, you will be able to see other participants’ carpooling information. Who is coming, where they are coming from, whether they are offering or requesting rides, and their email address. You can then email them and offer to carpool with them.
To create REGI trips, you must have LEADER privileges on the REGI site. When you create your account, be sure to answer YES to “Are you a current AMC H/B Leader or Coleader?” This checkbox sends an email to the webmaster so they will allow you to create new events in REGI. To gain LEADER privileges with an existing account, Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the user support email for REGI. One of the online support volunteers (currently Casey Ajalat & Gary Schwartz) will get back to you as soon as possible to upgrade your account. Once they verify that you are indeed an AMC Leader, they will grant you the ability to create new trips in the system. Once they email you back saying you can create events now, LOG OUT of REGI, and log back in. You will now have a Create New Event tab at the top of REGI. Once logged in with LEADER privileges, this support page will display additional information specific to REGI event management.
REGI is currently hosted at https://regi.amcboston.org/ The application was originally developed in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and HTML in 2010 by Dirk Koechner, a long time AMC Boston chapter member and outdoor enthusiast. Then in June 2011 Jack Desert stepped up to add more features and improve the look and feel of the site. It is currently being maintained by an AMC member, Casey Ajalat.